What’s life without a good old goal?
2021 Goals – Financial Independence
- Invest maximum £20,000 limit into ISA Account (post April 2021).
- Aim to achieve £250,000 in all saving accounts (including pension) by end of 2021.
- Achieve an average of 60%+ savings rate throughout the year.
- Re-Read Tim Hales Smarter Investing Book.
- Pay off Zopa Loan fully by the end of 2021.
- Continue to put £150 into Premium Bonds as emergency fund / rainy day.
- Improve health and well being by distancing away from news / online media.
- Build 1 additional raised beds / shelving area in the garden to complete the vegetable plot.
- Continue calm and carry on as normal with investing side of things.
- Continue to use the electric van when and where possible for journey’s (lockdown dependent of course!).
2020 Goals – Financial Independence
Invest maximum £20,000 limit into ISA (post April 2020). [DONE] Achieve an average savings rate of £4,200 per month (net £50,000 per annum). [DONE] Continue to update the blog / post updates on finances on a monthly basis. [DONE]
- Re-Read Tim Hales Smarter Investing Book. [MISSED]
Achieve an average savings rate of 55% throughout the year. [DONE] Aim to pay off 50% of Zopa Loan to halve monthly payments. [DONE]
- Pay £3,600 extra against mortgage in 2020 (upping mortgage repayments by £300). [MISSED]
Continue to put away (emergency fund) £150 into Premium Bonds.[DONE]
- Plan out garden / vegetables and research into storage options. [MISSED]
- Build 2 additional raised beds in the garden for potatoes. [MISSED]
2020 Goals Update: https://firelifestyle.co.uk/2021/01/01/happy-new-year-2021-update-on-goals/
2019 Goals – Financial Independence
Achieve an average savings rate of 55% (changed in April 2019) throughout the year.[DONE]
- Achieve a dividend income of £1000pa (to be re-invested of course!) [MISSED]
Achieve £1,500pa via side hustles (and to learn the ways / methods – I started in 2019)[DONE]
- Purchase a £50,000 flat under a BTL agreement [MISSED]
Purchase my recommended stocks based on diverse, buy and hold strategy.[DONE] Setup WordPress Blog and blog regularly about my FIRE Journey (I think i’ve managed to do this!)??[DONE] Invest ?20,000 maximum ISA limit by April-2019.?[DONE] Invest ?20,000 maximum ISA limit by April 2020.[DONE]
2019 Goals Update: https://firelifestyle.co.uk/2019/12/18/2019-financial-goals-update/
2018 Goals – Financial Independence
Start investing into Vanguard ETF and invest £7,000 in 2018 (I started in June-18)[DONE] Increase mortgage payment by 30%?[DONE] Pay off one of the loans needed for some garden improvements (£3,000)?[DONE] Open up a General Investment Account with IG?[DONE]